Criteria for recognition
A. Eligibility Criteria for a Scheme to be added to the recognised list
- That a Quality/Membership Scheme application is to be one of the following:
- A registered sheep breed or wool Association,
- A wool or sheep preparation scheme with a published practice, or
- A certification/accreditation scheme related to a wool characteristic.
- That the Quality/Membership Scheme provider must have a registration and/or audit facility.
- That each Scheme provider shall provide a summary statement on initial application (available to all potential customers) summarising the objectives/purpose of the Scheme. These should be periodically updated if substantive changes occur.
- The Scheme Provider must provide for a recognised method of declaration (by the vendor) to enable the vendors agent to process the information correctly.
B. Publishing Criteria
- The Scheme Name is to be published in the recognised fields against a catalogue sale lot and not in the Property Brand and Bale Description.
- That where a Quality/Membership Scheme is published, it is recommended that associated Membership/Certification ID are included in the electronic documents.
- The conditions, operation and integrity of each Scheme are solely the responsibility of the Scheme provider.
To view current Quality/Membership Schemes recognised in catalogue systems please click here.